Chaukori is a hill station in the Pithoragarh district set among the lofty peaks of the western Himalayan Range in the Kumaon Division of Uttarakhand, India. To its north is Tibet and to its south is Terai. The Mahakali River, running along its eastern boundary, forms the Indo-Nepal international border.
Chaukori is located in Berinag Tehsil of Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand, India.It is situated 10km away from sub-district headquarter Berinag and 86km away from district headquarter Pithoragarh.Chaukori’s elevation is 2010 m with spectacular panoramic views of the snowy peaks of Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot and the Panchchuli group.
Chaukori is a medium size village located in Berinag of Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand with total 248 families residing. Total population of Chaukori is 1163 out of which 672 are males while 491 are females as per Population Census 2011.In Chaukori, population of children with age 0-6 is 190 which makes up 16.34 % of total population.Average Sex Ratio of Chaukori is 731 which is lower than Uttarakhand state average of 963.Child Sex Ratio for Chaukori as per census is 624,lower than Uttarakhand average of 890.Chaukori has lower literacy rate as compared to Uttarakhand. In 2011, literacy rate of Chaukori was 76.36 % compared to 78.82 % of Uttarakhand.In Chaukori, Male literacy stands at 87.03 % while female literacy rate was 62.20 %.In Chaukori, most of the villagers are from Schedule Caste (SC). Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 38.95 % while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 0.77 % of total population in Chaukori.In Chaukori, out of total population, 354 were engaged in work activities.74.58 % of workers describe their work as Main Work (Employment or Earning more than 6 Months) while 25.42 % were involved in Marginal activity providing livelihood for less than 6 months.Of 354 workers engaged in Main Work, 45 were cultivators (owner or co-owner) while 1 were Agricultural labourer.As per constitution of India and Panchyati Raaj Act, Chaukori is administrated by a Sarpanch who is an elected representative of the village.